Saturday, April 2, 2016

Holi Moli!

The number of Indians I'm friends with is ridiculous. There are so many that go to school with me that many of my non-Indian friends (myself included) have referred to ourselves as "honorary Indians." At any given time, I can have a brown person on each side, but I love them all. That's why I was more than happy to join in on our school's Holi!

For those of you that don't know, Holi is the celebration of color. I looked it up on Wikipedia (a very reliable source) before writing this post, so from what I gather it started as a religious festival, but it seems to primarily be a cultural thing now. It takes place in India each year, and my friends who have attended it their made sure we all knew it was better. Either way, I still had a great time. You can read more here.


Right after this was taken, I got a bunch of powder in my eye. NOT fun. 


I wish I had some before and after pictures, but them moment I stepped out of the car I was doused in colored water. I can, however, show my before-being-completely-trashed and after-being-completely-trashed looks.


Before-trashing

After-trashing

The powdered colors looked really cute at first, but it all added up quickly and soon we were a huge mess.





It was a lot of fun, and I was there with some of my favorite people in the world. What could be more fun than attacking your friends with color and water? It was a perfect way, and the perfect day, to kick off spring break!



Love,
Brina



P.S. Hopefully my next post won't take as long as this one, but we'll see when I do something worth talking about



No comments:

Post a Comment