Sunday, April 24, 2016

Roamin'? Roman?

Unlike many people in high school, I take Latin rather than a spoken language such as French or Spanish. I've been taking it since 8th grade and I can not express the happiness I feel for continuing it on through high school.  If you take Latin you automatically become part of this weird cult
we are the nerds, the geeks, the lovers, the romans, those who love latin and have such a passion for it that they created a convention just for us. This past weekend I went to my states latin convention hosted at a center that is beautiful. 

Last year when I went we had these amazing cabins, this year not so much. But what our cabin lacked on the inside made up for the view on the outside. We were situated right by this gorgeous lake and spent most of the day, besides doing latin stuff, lounging in our enos

The weekend was jammed pack from toga processions to dances to JCLove to tests to chariot races, convention truly has it all. The whole weekend I did not have service so I couldn't use my phone and I gained a new appreciation for nature and just enjoying quality time with my friends

Latin convention is a truly indescribable experience that I wish everyone could partake in

Being part of latin club and just being a latin lover in itself embodies the theme of this year, ubi concordia, ibi victoria ... where there is unity there is victory

I love latin and though I do not nearly mention it enough, JCL is my home, my family, and my favorite

Here are a few pictures from the weekend (just to make you jealous)

Pre Dance Shenanigans 


TIE DYE

Our Chariot HAHA

Our Tie Dye Latin Squad

Our view by the lake :))
With much love,
Ksen 

PS you can join/make a latin club and go to your states convention as well as nationals and get a real feel for the awesome that is latin !! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment