Sunday, March 20, 2016

Feelin' French

This past weekend has been such a blur for me. I've not been home (and awake) for more than two hour periods and I don't know how to feel.

I'm naturally a very introverted person, and it was a shock to have to so many plans lined up in a row. I love people, but so much interaction is tiring beyond compare. Anyways....

On friday I rode the bus home to my friend, Beth's, with another friend, Grace, who I have mentioned prior in a previous post. We came and spent about an hour ranting about all the problems of the world, typical of course. But then to lighten the mood we decided to bake MACAROONS!

While we've been planning to this since summer of last year, I was still beyond excited, because who doesn't love these french delicacies. We decided on making, chocolate macaroons with a Nutella ganache filling.

I never realized how long it actually takes to make these little cookies, its no wonder why they're so expensive everywhere, it took us about three hours if not more!

We had to actually measure out all the ingredients in grams prior. Once we had the cookie "mix" made, we all took a turn at piping! Here is what the cookies looked like pre-baking

Beth piping :)

All done!

We didn't do them outside hahaha
While we waited for the cookies to stop being sticky and put into the oven we prepared the ganache. Also ganache is way to fancy of a word for the melted chocolate mixture hahaha
Anyways the ganache was the easiest, and tastiest part, of the whole baking process, besides the actual cookies haha

After we baked the cookie part of the macaroon we were all set to begin assembling them, right?
NOPE, instead the ganache was not thick enough and we had to try SO many things to remedy this until we finally gave up and used the semi-thick ganache for the cookies, and guess what?
They still tasted just as good hahah

Later on we came back to finish one last batch and the ganache was prefect, turns out all we had to do was keep it out instead of cooling it hahaha

My first EVER homemade macaroon

Our babes ðŸ˜›

Sorry for the crappy photography oops but yeah this is how I spent the first part of my whirlwind weekend!

With love,
Ksen

No comments:

Post a Comment